Water Treatment – Chemical Cleaning and Chlorination/Disinfection Services
We are widely recognised as leading experts in water treatment for boilers, heating, cooling and steam generation systems for applications such as commercial offices, food manufacture, healthcare and pharmaceutical production where stringent control measures are in place.
For boilers and heating systems, water treatment reduces running costs by controlling contamination, build-up of scale and corrosion all of which affect the performance of the system.
For commercial and domestic water systems, water is treated for performance as well as for hygiene, to remove bacteria and other contaminants.
We use the most appropriate range of liquid or solid chemical water treatments for each individual system, producing clean water to meet relevant standards, which include:
- Water Research Council guidelines
- Water Supply Regulations
- PD 855468 Guide to the flushing and disinfection of services supplying water for domestic use within buildings and their curtilages
Both physical and chemical cleaning can be carried out for water tanks, calorifiers, cooling towers, steam boilers, steam generators, heating or chilled water systems. We can also undertake fireside cleaning of boilers and thermal fluid heaters as required. Photographs are taken before cleaning to show areas of concern, then during and after cleaning to demonstrate results.
For the ultimate water hygiene service, we can implement the following as required:
- On site / laboratory analysis
- Pre-commissioning, degreasing and chemical cleaning
- Mains or boosted system injection
- Chemical cleaning and de-scaling
- System flushing and physical cleaning
- Servicing and sterilisation of water-softening and other pre-treatment plant
- Refurbishment of Cold Water Supply tanks to meet requirements of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 and HSG274
- Solid water treatment chemicals and liquid water treatment chemicals proven to be effective against Legionella(Sp) and Pseudomonas(Sp)
Equally, if only one type of service is required, then we are more than happy to supply that on an individual contract basis-please contact us in order to discuss your specific requirements.
It may also be necessary to improve the quality of make-up or feedwater to a system, to reduce acidity or excessive alkalinity, remove salts or other contaminants. This can include:
- Ion exchange softening
- Reverse Osmosis
To find out how we can hygienically clean your system in order to reduce running costs and improve waterside conditions, call us on: 0870 460 2980.